Clinics and Externships
Clinical legal education is law school training in which students participate in actual cases under the supervision of a practicing attorney or law professor. RWU Law's Clinical Programs offer unique and effective learning opportunities and the opportunity for practical experience while still in law school.
8-Credit In-House Clinics (Open to 2Ls and 3Ls)
All of our in-house clinics are supervised by full-time faculty members. The professionally staffed full-service law office is located in Historic Downtown Providence, RI and houses the Business Start-up Clinic, the Criminal Defense Clinic and the Immigration Clinic.
6-Credit Field Clinics (Open to 2Ls and 3Ls)
Our field clinic is supervised by highly experienced attorneys in a nationally regarded law firm who are employed as members of our adjunct faculty.
6-12 Credit Clinical Externships (Open to 2Ls and 3Ls)
All clinical externships are administered by permanent directors who provide personalized supervision, classroom teaching, and training.
- Corporate Counsel & Government Clinical Externship Program
- Environmental and Land Use Clinical Externship Program
- Judicial Clinical Externship Program
- New York Pro Bono Scholars Program
- Prosecution Clinical Externship Program
- Public Interest Clinical Externship Program
- Washington, DC (Semester-In-Practice)
Pro Bono Clinics and Projects (Open to 1Ls, 2Ls, and 3Ls)
- ACI Civil Legal Assistance
- Eviction Help Desk
- Street Law
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance
Participate in an innovative Semester-In-Practice Program which enables students to train full-time—either in one of our pre-established local placements or in a new remote placement of their choosing.