There are many outside scholarships for which you might be eligible; here is just a sampling. You may also want to register at one of the free online scholarship search sites such as http://www.fastweb.com, http://scholarships.com, https://rifoundation.org/grants-scholarships/browse-scholarships and http://www.SallieMae.com/GradScholarships.
The DDR Lawyers Legal ScholarshipClick to Open
The DDR Lawyers Legal Scholarship by Dolan Dobrinsky Rosenblum, LLP is a recurring scholarship worth $1500 designed to help one law student with their tuition costs. We welcome all eligible students to apply and look forward to reviewing your application.
- Application Deadline: January 31, 2021
- Admitted to an accredited law school in the U.S.
- 3.5 or higher GPA
- Application Requirements:
- Completed Application. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
- Upload a 500-600 word original essay on what you hope to achieve in your legal career if awarded this scholarship.
- Upload School Transcript
- Upload Resume
A winner will be announced on or before March 31, 2021.
Thomas F. Black, Jr. Memorial Scholarship FundClick to Open
The Thomas F. Black, Jr. Memorial Scholarship Fund is a one year, non-renewable award for full-time students who are Rhode Island residents entering their first year of law school in September 2021. The deadline for filing the application with the Rhode Island Bar Foundation is March 31 2021.
For the academic year 2021 - 2022, the Foundation intends to grant two scholarships in the amount of $25,000.00 each. The Foundation’s Scholarship Committee seeks applications from candidates without regard to race, color, religion, country of ancestral origin, handicap, age, sex, or sexual orientation. The Committee will endeavor to make awards to assure that, over time, the recipients reflect the diversity of the Rhode Island population.
The objective of the Bar Foundation’s Scholarship Program is to support high legal practice standards in Rhode Island by providing financial assistance to Rhode Island residents who show promise that they are likely to become outstanding lawyers, hopefully in Rhode Island, who will adhere to such standards and who will need such assistance in order to study law at quality law schools.
Scholarship awards shall be exclusively for tuition and related expenses for persons who enroll as full-time students in programs leading to the award of the L.L.B. or J.D. degree offered by law schools located in one of the United States or in the District of Columbia and which are accredited by the American Bar Association.
If you have questions please contact Ginny Caldwell at the Rhode Island Bar Foundation office at (401) 421-6541 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
One Lawyer Can Change the World ScholarshipClick to Open
Law Preview will be awarding one hard-working incoming law student $10,000 towards their 1L year. Fill out the request form for more information on the One Lawyer Can Change the World Scholarship including how to apply, official rules and more.
- Application Deadline: June 1, 2021
- Winner Announced: July 3, 2021
2021 Scholarship Awards:
First Place: $10k
Second Place: $5k
Eight Runners-up: $1k
The Michigan Auto Law Diversity ScholarshipClick to Open
Each year the Michigan Auto Law firm offers a scholarship to a law student who best demonstrates a commitment to issues of diversity within their academic career. Recipient is a U.S. citizen currently attending an accredited law school within the United States or accepted to attend a law school in the fall of 2021.
The deadline for this scholarship is June 1st, 2021.
The full eligibility details and entry requirements for the $2,000 scholarship can be found here.
The Veterans & Military Family ScholarshipClick to Open
The team at George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers values military members’ service to our nation. It is a profound, yet often overlooked sacrifice. In recognition of our nation’s service members and their families, twice per year our firm bestows a $1,000 scholarship upon a hard-working U.S. college student who is an active duty service member, a veteran, or a spouse or child of an active duty or retired service member.
The deadline to submit the scholarship application is June 15, 2021.
They will determine a winner and contact him/her by phone or email by July 1st, 2021.
The selected Winner must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Currently serving in the military, honorably discharged, or have an active duty or retired military spouse or parent. All branches of the U.S. military qualify.
- Accepted into or currently enrolled in an accredited U.S. junior college, college, or university.
- Currently have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Fill out and submit the online application along with a school transcript and essay.
All applicants must submit a 500- to 1,000-word essay on one of the topics below:
- How has being in the military affected your ability to pursue an education?
- What do you wish the American people better understood about military service or military families?
- What sacrifices have you and/or your family made because of military service?
- When you reflect on your/your family member’s military service, what are you most proud of and what are you most grateful for?
The Community Superhero ScholarshipClick to Open
The Community Superhero Scholarship from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC awards a $1,500 scholarship to one deserving student who exemplifies what it means to be a hero to their community.
- The deadline to apply for the 2021 Community Superhero Scholarship is June 15, 2021. Interested applicants should use the form on their page to apply.
- Eligibility Criteria
- Qualified applicants must meet these eligibility criteria:
- 3.0 GPA
- Enrolled in or accepted to an accredited college or university
- Demonstrable history of community service and volunteerism
- Submit an essay on the topic
- How are you a superhero in your community?
- Please write 500 to 1000 words answering the question above. Your essay must describe your community service and how it has made a difference in the lives of others in your community.
- Submit an unofficial transcript
- Qualified applicants must meet these eligibility criteria:
The Rosen & Ohr Scholarship ProgramClick to Open
The 2021 Rosen & Ohr Scholarship Program is accepting essays from students who have suffered injuries due to an accident or who have been impacted personally by a loved one’s accident.
All essays must be original. Plagiarism will result in automatic disqualification.
Please include in your scholarship application:
- Your essay in Word document format (.doc or .docx)
- Write an essay explaining in detail how a serious accident involving you, a family member, or a close friend has impacted your life. This could have been a car crash, a slip-and-fall accident, a work-related injury, or any other serious accident.
- A photo of yourself in .jpg or .png format (Optional—photo is for purposes of placing winner on firm website)
- A copy of your college transcript or other proof of enrollment
- A cover sheet with:
- Your name, address, and phone number
- A short paragraph describing yourself
- The name and address of your college
- A signature of your parent or guardian (if you are not yet 18)
Email all application materials to email@example.com before the deadline: July 20, 2021.
The winner will be announced on September 1, 2021.
For more information please visit their website.